packers and movers bangalore Home Move is a stressful task but with a careful organization and forward planning it can minimized. We have put together some useful checklists to assist you at every stage, starting from six weeks prior to the day of the move. We will advise you on who to contact, and useful things to do while moving home.
Everybody is different as is every home move and we can not include every possibility. Hopefully these tips and checklist will put you in the right direction to make your moving home experience less stressful as things are easily forgotten when you have so much to organize and think about.
packers and movers delhi Things to Consider Six Weeks Before the Move
- Confirm the move date before hand
- If you're renting, notify your landlord of the move date
- Obtain written quotes from several removal firms. Check for their reviews on independent review websites before making a decision
- Make sure you have cover from the day you move into your new property to avoid any hiccups.
- Ask friend's help where you are not using a removal firm.
- In case you have access content book extra storage space prior to the move.
- Notify the relevant utility companies of your departure.
- Start getting rid of possessions you no longer need. Either sell them or offer to friends.
- If you need new furniture or carpets - order them now and arrange delivery for when you move in.
Things to Consider Two Weeks Before the Move
- Start packing non-essential goods into boxes to focus on more important items on the day of the move.
- De-register from your doctor, dentist and optician if you're moving out of the area.
- Arrange your post to be forwarded (you will be charged a fee for this service) by visiting your local post office.
- Arrange for a baby sitter on the day of the move to look after your children
- Make a list of everyone who should know about the move. Send out change of address ecards.
- Inform your local milkman and newspaper shop of your move and give them a date you want to stop the service.
- Make a final arrangements with your removal firm, make sure you have agreed on the price if not arrange a Survey to get the actual cost of the move.
- Confirm the directions to your new property and arrival times of the removal crew.
- Discuss with Removal firm about parking suspension whether it will be arranged by them or you have to organize yourself.
- Arrange a time to collect the keys for your new home from the estate agent.
- Notify the bank of any changes to direct debits and standing orders.